The oldest known document talking about Thouzon dates from 1014:
It assigns to the Benedictine monks from Saint Andrew of Villeneuve (near Avignon) the ownership
"of the churches which are or will be on the Thouzon Mountain, with the outbuildings."
In 1088, the Toulouse Earl, marquis of Provence, confirms this ownership. But this title mentions that the marquis keeps the "albergue"  and the right to go there with an army.
In 1096, the pope Urbain II confirms the ownership of Thouzon to the abbey of Saint Andrew naming only Saint Peter of Thouzon.
In 1118, the pope Gélase II concedes some new privileges to Saint Peter in Thouzon.
In 1140, a title again mentions 2 churches - Saint Mary and Saint Peter, but as well as the woods, the adjacent village and the whole area with the marshland, the fishes and the banks.
In 1171, in spite of the ownership of the Benedictines, the Toulouse Earl Raymond V asks Giraud Amic to fortify Thouzon, but he keeps on the future castle the high sovereignty, the justice, the "cavalcade" and the "albergue". This title mentions the "monasterio" even when, in 1202, another title mentions the "castro".
1396: The castle is occupied by the soldiers of Viscount Turenne. The rector Gaston de Montecatino drives them away.
1549: A sculpted stone from the pediment of a door with the arms of abbot François de Castellane indicates a probable restoration of the castle.
1563: The Baron des Adrets at the head of a group of Huguenots gets into Thouzon's area.
1594: César de Brancas, abbot of Saint Andrew and lord of Thouzon, makes some repairs to the castle.
1696: The abbot of Thouzon sells the castle and the land to Joseph de Martin, keeper of public records.
1700, 1705, 1727: Several works are done on the roof of Saint Mary' church.
1987: Formation of Association for the Site of Thouzon affiliated to R.E.M.P.ART.
 Albergue: right which forcesthe vassal to accommodate his lord once a year.